VOYAGEUR II AND WENONAH

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

Capt Don
IR Pro
Isle Royale Visits: 546

VOYAGEUR II AND WENONAH

Post by Capt Don »

VOYAGEUR II AND WENONAH RATES AND SCHEDULES ARE POSTED. See them at http://www.isleroyaleboats.com
I am having some issues with the #%$ing new reservation software so reservations are on hold for a few days. Hopefully by Friday 30 January we can start taking them.
Thanks for your patience.
hirkeukvic
NewbieCake

Re: VOYAGEUR II AND WENONAH

Post by hirkeukvic »

Hi Capt. Don,

Can you tell me how fast reservations fill up for the first Wednesday trip? I have some friends interested in going, but I need to let them know when they need to get the money to me so I can make reservations. I was thinking by the end of February, but would that be too late?

Thanks.
Capt Don
IR Pro

Post by Capt Don »

I think you should be ok going out if you reserve by the end of February. A good rule of thumb is to book the trip as soon as your are certain of your plans. If it is getting close to late Feb and the group hasn't come through, call and check on the dates you want.
One favor, lets not use this forum for GPIR business, you can reach us at http://www.isleroyaleboats.com and use the contact us link. I have no problem answering general questions but specifics relating to personal business needs have to be done on our site.
Thanks
sgerbs
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by sgerbs »

I'm kind of bummed that the VII is now running Sat/Sun instead of Fri/Sat. I'm going to have to change my plans now, or wait until later in June so I can catch the Wenonah home. Such is life sometimes.
2009: MC, WC, HL, SLD, WC
Capt Don
IR Pro

Post by Capt Don »

I guess I don't know what you mean. The VII has never run out on Fri and back on Sat. It's always been Sat out, Sun in.
sgerbs
LNT Expert

Post by sgerbs »

I must have misread the website then when planning my trip before the new info was updated. Sorry :oops:
2009: MC, WC, HL, SLD, WC
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

Does this look familiar?

Soon! :D
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

Well, the Wenonah no longer sits in Superior. It might be on it's way up the shore to GP! :o
rxgac
NewbieCake

Post by rxgac »

well.....i certainly hope so. we're supposed to take it over saturday morning. packed the pack tonite, check it tomorrow. do i really have to go into work the next two days? do we have a doctor out there that can write me an excuse.
Nick
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 23

Post by Nick »

rxgac wrote:well.....i certainly hope so. we're supposed to take it over saturday morning. packed the pack tonite, check it tomorrow. do i really have to go into work the next two days? do we have a doctor out there that can write me an excuse.
There are at least 4 Ph.D.s on the island an any given time doing research. They could write you a note. :D
colvinch
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by colvinch »

do these 2 boats make pickups and drops, like say pick up a couple with canoe in RH and drop them off at Chippewa harbor?
upnorthjeeper
Trailblazer

Post by upnorthjeeper »

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm having a hard time figuring the Voyageur II schedule for the late season.

Does the Voyageur II travel from Windigo to Rock Harbor (or vice-versa) at all after Sept. 19th? I'm planning on going up Fri Sept. 18th to Fri the 25th and would like to hike from Windigo to Rock Harbor (or again, vice-versa)

Thanks for your time.
"Imagine living your life without being afraid to take a risk and to explore life."
-Don Miguel Ruiz
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

colvinch wrote:do these 2 boats make pickups and drops, like say pick up a couple with canoe in RH and drop them off at Chippewa harbor?
The Voyageur II does. It goes from Grand Portage to Windigo, then around the north side of the island to Rock Harbor, where it overnights. Stops at McCargoe and Belle Isle along the way. Then does the south side from R.H. to Windigo to Grand Portage the next day, stopping at Daisey Farm, Chippewa Harbor, and Malone Bay. But you need reservations for any leg and it won't stop at the campgrounds if there's no one to pick up/drop off.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
upnorthjeeper
Trailblazer

Post by upnorthjeeper »

This is from the website, I could be wrong but it doens't look like it is going to RH after Sept. 19th...
**LATE SEASON** Saturday/Sunday trips beginning 19 Sept 2009 through season end are round trips to and from Windigo each day. Times for the **LATE SEASON SAT-SUN TRIPS** are as follows: boat will depart Grand Portage at 8:00 AM, arrive Windigo 10:00 AM, depart Windigo 1:00 PM, arrive Grand Portage 3:00 PM.
"Imagine living your life without being afraid to take a risk and to explore life."
-Don Miguel Ruiz
Capt Don
IR Pro

Post by Capt Don »

The key to that is "Saturday/Sunday" trips, we still go to RH and back the rest of the season on Wed/Thurs.
Hope that helps.