6/13/08-6/21/08 Trip Report

Reports or links to reports on trips.

Moderator: Tom

Ziggy
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 2

6/13/08-6/21/08 Trip Report

Post by Ziggy »

Here's the brief rundown from my solo trip last year. I did a loop, going out from Rock Harbor on the Greenstone and returning via the Minong Ridge trail.

Day 1-6/13 Arrived on the Ranger, camped at Lane Cove. Heading out to Lane Cove is totally worth it.
Day 2-Hiked the Greenstone to West Chickenbone. Saw a moose right of the trail just west of Mt. Ojibway.
Day 3-South Lake Desor
Day 4-Huginnin Cove. I wasn't sure if I wanted to add the extra distance to Huginnin Cove or not. I decided to go into Washington Harbor to grab some food and a shower and decide how I felt. I was glad I decided to head back out. Had the site all to my self and it is quite scenic there. That turned out to be the only time that I was completely alone at any site the entire trip.
Day 5-North Lake Desor. Checked out Wendigo on the way. Saw a second moose to the east of Wendigo.
Day 6-Todd Harbor
Day 7-Daisy Farm
Day 8-Rock Harbor
Day 9-Left on the Ranger
Tom
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Re: 6/13/08-6/21/08 Trip Report

Post by Tom »

So, that was YOU!

(Post from my TR last year, '...and a solo hiker came in from Windigo and took camp 1.')
http://www.isleroyaleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=313

Didn't get a chance to say hi, since it seemed to just keep raining and dripping. So, HI!

Those were some good mileage days.. Advantage of going solo, I suppose!

Tom
philranger
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Post by philranger »

Advantages of being young.
Isle Royale Trips: 2005-RH to Windigo via Greenstone. 2006-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2007-RH to Daisy Farm and back. 2008-Feltmann loop. 2009-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2013-Minong Ridge. 2014-Windigo+Huginnin Cove. 2015-Lookout Louise to LC to DF to MB. 2018-McCargoe to Todd to HL to Malone Bay. 2021-Windigo/Huginnin. 2022-RH-DF-MB-CH
Ziggy
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by Ziggy »

Tom wrote:So, that was YOU!

(Post from my TR last year, '...and a solo hiker came in from Windigo and took camp 1.')
http://www.isleroyaleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=313

Didn't get a chance to say hi, since it seemed to just keep raining and dripping. So, HI!

Those were some good mileage days.. Advantage of going solo, I suppose!

Tom
That would be me. I'd been racing the rain and just got the tent up before it hit. You're right on about it being quiet there, went to bed early that night, which was easy with the rain and a long trail day.