Anyone interested in creating a resource website?

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

scotty
NewbieCake

Anyone interested in creating a resource website?

Post by scotty »

I figured I ask if anyone was interested in creating a resource web site for the Isle Royale? There's a few out there but most are unattractive or outdated. You guys all seem very passionate and knowledgeable so I think it would turn out great. I own a server and have a few free domains left, so it wouldn't cost anything. You don't have to know any html or other programming languages. I'm sure I could get it on the first page for most keywords and we could have it link to the forum.

If anyone is up to the challenge just reply here.
sgerbs
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Re: Anyone interested in creating a resource website?

Post by sgerbs »

I would not mind helping out with the page. I've done some html work, and would be interested in getting the word out for Isle Royale. I read what your thoughts were, but what specific information were you thinking should be on there?
2009: MC, WC, HL, SLD, WC
LeftOvers
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 20

Post by LeftOvers »

Sounds neat but what do you mean by a resource website? What do you see for it that couldn't go here or isn't already on the IRNP website? The moderators here add links in their "information" posts to various resources.
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

I'm not sure how this thread got missed by me, but I'm replying now. It'd be very easy to setup a wiki for Isle Royale on this website, if you think that would help? I can have one installed and working in under an hour. Then it'll be a community-based effort to provide a resource page for IR.