Itinerary feedback - RH out and back to RH

Questions about trails and campsites on the island.

Moderator: MikeT

YYYYthats4ys
NewbieCake

Itinerary feedback - RH out and back to RH

Post by YYYYthats4ys »

Great place here all- looking through the threads and thinking this might work, would appreciate any comments-

Itinerary -
- Rock Harbor
- Daisy Farm 7.1
- McCargoe Cove 8.0
- Chippewa Harbor 10.6
- Moskey Basin 6.2
- Three Mile 8.3
- Rock Harbor 2.7 to get to the 2:45 boat out

Best regards, Tony
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Itinerary feedback - RH out and back to RH

Post by Ingo »

You're hitting all the favorites! I might head out for Daisy right off the boat on day 1--that would give you a layover day along the way.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
hooky
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by hooky »

Ingo wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:59 am You're hitting all the favorites! I might head out for Daisy right off the boat on day 1--that would give you a layover day along the way.
I agree. If you don't take a zero day, that would also let you spend your last night in RH and do the Stoll trail that morning before jumping on the boat.
dcclark
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by dcclark »

I agree with everyone above. One thing to consider though: Have you hiked these kinds of distances, with a loaded pack, on Isle Royale-type terrain? Even if you're regularly doing 8-10 miles in other parts of Michigan, the island can surprise you. You know yourself best, of course! But for myself, I wouldn't want to do those numbers of miles back-to-back without a break somewhere.