July 4th, How Busy Is It?

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

Arianamie
NewbieCake

July 4th, How Busy Is It?

Post by Arianamie »

Doing some preliminary planning and discussing dates and it looks like a good possibility is going June 29th through July 5th, 2019, ferrying to and from on those dates. However that puts us at Rock Harbor on July 4th, and I'm not sure how crowded it will be? Or if anything special happens there for the holiday?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 15

Re: July 4th, How Busy Is It?

Post by Ingo »

There's a noticeable uptick in activity at the Lodge and around Rock Harbor that week, but I doubt you'll notice in the backcountry. Yeah, there will be more folks going out that week, but it won't be "crowded" even by I.R. standards--which is isn't crowded in any sense by normal standards. And a lot you just can't predict--I've seen a full campground in May, and Daisy Farm virtually empty the end of July.
24: MI-MB-MI, 22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-TM-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
kkrause
NewbieCake

Re: July 4th, How Busy Is It?

Post by kkrause »

I'm planning my return for next year 6/28 to 7/6. Did anyone do the east side this year? How busy was it first week of July?