Midwest Mountaineering Spring Expo

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

Kevinl
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 0

Midwest Mountaineering Spring Expo

Post by Kevinl »

http://www.outdooradventureexpo.com/200904/Index.html

This is in Minneapolis. The schedule is out, in the "Newspaper" section. There are a lot of good presentations. Nice mix of backpacking and paddling stuff.

I've never been, but might go this year. Saturday looks like the day for me. One thing that's always kept me away is the boat auction. I know I would come home with something so staying away seems smartest, or at least safest. My wife has decreed, "One boat in, one boat out," if I bring anymore home.
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Re: Midwest Mountaineering Spring Expo

Post by johnhens »

Kevinl wrote:http://www.outdooradventureexpo.com/200904/Index.html

I've never been, but might go this year. Saturday looks like the day for me. One thing that's always kept me away is the boat auction. I know I would come home with something so staying away seems smartest, or at least safest. My wife has decreed, "One boat in, one boat out," if I bring anymore home.
If you happen to come across a good deal, get it, I will be happy to "store" it for you!!! :lol:
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

I will be there, probably on Saturday. Great presentations and great deals on gear. Between this and the REI dividend, I usually get set for gear for the year.
Tom
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Post by Tom »

I might also try to make Saturday. (Fonix - I'll send you a PM once I'm sure! It would be cool to meet up)

HOWEVER... (Drumroll please)
I will be presenting there Monday, June 1st at 7pm (Tentative) to talk about the wonders of backpacking IR. (Thanks to Capt Don for arranging the contact!)
It sounds like M.M. would really like to have something about Isle Royale as part of the Spring Expo in the future; it was too late for this year but perhaps I can team up with one of you canoe fanatics and we can talk about EVERYTHING the Isle has to offer for next year's spring Expo..

PS: Of COURSE I'll be mentioning the forums... And how looney everyone is. :P
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator

Post by fonixmunkee »

Hey, sounds great Tom. Drop me a PM and keep me posted.

But what sounds even cooler is that you will be presenting...AND presenting about IR! If it's a go, make sure you post it up here and the forums and I'll make my way down to see it...hopefully so will others!
Kevinl
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 0

Post by Kevinl »

Tom, that sounds awesome.

If I lived closer I would consider showing up, heckling, etc. I hope it goes well, and I'm sure it will.
loreeh
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 5

Post by loreeh »

Hi Tom, Yeah post a reminder about your talk. I live in twin cities so it'll be fun to come hear you. I have a reservation for I think June 15th on VII so I'm pretty excited but need to get in better shape quick. Wish I could go to expo this w/e but have to work.
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator

Post by fonixmunkee »

I'm on my way down to the expo right now. Maybe I'll run into Tom!